As a Family of Three
- Go to the Omaha zoo. We had talked about doing this last summer, but B was too little to enjoy it. We're planning on making this trip with us and Mr. A's family. I am hoping we can do it before it gets too hot and I get too huge.
- Go camping. I want to make a few camping trips this summer. We're planning on going down to Kansas on Memorial Day weekend to camp for a few days with my mom and her husband's family. This was a tradition before B was born and the past two years we have skipped it because B was too young. I also want to make a weekend trip to the lake near our house to tent camp with just us. Then we've talked about doing a sibling camping weekend with Mr. A's brother and sister and their significant others. B would go stay with grandma that time.
- Go to the Lincoln Children's Museum. I know that B would really enjoy this and it could be a day trip for us, so I want to fit it in sometime.
- Make a trip to my dad's farm. My dad has a super busy work schedule, so we sadly don't make it out there as often as I would like. I am bound and determined to line up our schedules so we can spend a weekend at the farm with my sister and niece. I know the kids would love the free space, the chickens, and the cows.
- Paint the master bathroom. We eventually want to gut and redo this entire room, but realistically that isn't happening ANYTIME soon. So I am on a mission to update and de-ugly this room. Fix the cracked and chipping paint and freshen things up. We're planning on doing this next weekend, so I will keep you updated.
- Paint the living room. This will be a big project since it's the heart of our home and there are a ton of large furniture pieces. We will have to paint the hallway, ceiling, and walls. I am looking forward to this SOOOOO much. I cannot wait to have this room done. We just need to line up a long weekend when my mom can come and get B and we can work work work.
- Finish the main bathroom. We are still living in a temporary flooring state until Mr. A's dad is off work for the summer and can come and help us. We have the new flooring and toilet purchased. Mr. A and his dad will do the subfloor repairs, lay new underlayment, lay the tile, and install the new toilet. We have bigger plans for this bathroom, but if we can just get the flooring and toilet taken care of, I will be a happy camper.
- Paint and prepare the nursery. I already have a plan to turn the spare bedroom into the nursery. It'll take a little paint and moving the nursery furniture from B's room. This means B gets a new bed and a new dresser.
- Freshen up the yard. When we moved in last summer, the grass and shrubs were too far gone to mess with. We've already done a spring treatment on the lawn and we plan on tackling trimming and mulching in May. It's been neglected for a few years, things just need a little facelift. I also want to plant a few annuals in pots around the back and front yard to add some color.
- Smaller maintenance projects. We need to weather strip the front door, re-caulk around some windows, and do some other little summer projects to get ready for fall and winter.
All in all, I hope that we can accomplish these things before the new baby comes... and if we can't... oh well! I like to think of this as a list of goals. We can strive to do what we can, and what we don't get done can always wait until tomorrow.